Posted: 20th December 2013
Apple Parfait, a perfect dessert. Quick, easy to make and luxurious
Good alternative to Christmas pud …… or to go with!!!
- 100g Apple Puree
- 50ml water
- 125g sugar
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 250ml double cream
- Raspberry coulis or dried red fruits to decorate
What to do:
- Heat the water and sugar together and boil for 4 minutes. (It needs to remain clear).
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk the egg yolks until light and fluffy.
- Slowly pour in the syrup, whisking continuously until mixture is cool.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the cream and then fold in the apple puree.
- Gently fold this cream into the egg yolks.
- Pour into molds and freeze.
- Remove from freezer about 10 minutes before serving.
- Invert onto a plate and decorate with coulis or fruits.