The Cheeky Bean Tart
The beginnings of the Cheeky Bean Tart
The beginning of the year is a good time to use up all the bits and pieces - foodwise - that are sitting in the cupboard left over from the hectic festive season. And so the Cheeky Bean Tart was born…..
- 12 Individual baked sweet pastry cases – use plain if you haven’t any sweet
- 4oz Margarine
- 4oz Sugar
- 4oz Self raising flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2oz Currants
- Jam of your choice
- Sieved icing sugar
What to do:
- Turn the oven on to 190/180 fan oven. Place the pastry cases on a baking tray – I find it useful to use a silicone sheet as well to stop them sticking. Spread a good teaspoonful of jam in the bottom.
- Beat together the margarine, sugar, flour and eggs (this is a standard Victoria sponge mix) and then mix in the currants.
- Divide the mixture between the pastry cases, smoothing the sponge mixture to the edges.
- Bake in the oven for about 18 minutes until springy to the touch.
- When cool, sprinkle with the icing sugar.
Enjoy warm with custard, cream or ice cream (or all three!) and equally as good cold.